Saturday, October 22, 2005

Consultation extended

The consultation exhibition
I am pleased to say that the consultation on the future of the Covered Market Hall was extended to include St Wilfred's fair. It is still not advertised, but the Trust's medieval food stall is drawing people to the back of the Produce Hall and the consultation exhibition.

The Trust has put some consultation responses forms in the Heritage Centre. So I hope that a lot of people are getting the message and responding to the Council. I just wish the plans were more informative.
Worringly, my neighbour who has three stalls inside the Market Hall has no idea what the plans are either.

So I suggest you pick up a form at our Heritage Centre, or stockport.market@stockport.gov.uk, or call the Market Office on 480 7659.

I am hoping to generate more interest on the Net and also create a pool of Stockport Market photos. See the Flickr pool Stockport's Glass Umbrella. If you want to add to the pool join Flickr, its free unless you want to post more than 200 photos.